Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 17, 2009

Well, the tandoori chicken was pretty good, even if it was not exactly what a person would find at a fine Indian restaurant. Without the clay oven it is probably not possible to achieve the ideal, but good enough sometimes is just that. The marinade was very simple: yogurt, lemon juice, coriander, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. I took the skin off of all of the chicken except for the wings, which are my favorite piece. The salad featured grated carrots, homegrown radishes, homegrown baby Walla Walla onions, grape tomatoes, and homegrown lettuce, and I decided to add an avocado at the last minute. The dressing was just some lime juice that I added to everything but the lettuce for marinating purposes. With dinner we had a nice dry Riesling from Washington State. All in all, a very tasty Sunday night dinner.

And tomorrow we will be having a very special salad...

1 comment:

David Silva said...

My favorite part of Indian cuisine is chutney. I'll bet you make some mean chutneys!